Terms Of Service and Pivacy Policy
MemPop user Terms and Conditions:
1. User Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- If you should make use of the MemPop Community or submit any content to the MemPop Community, this will be considered as your consent to be bound by and abide by the terms and conditions of MemPop.
- MemPop also reserves the right to, at any time, change, alter, or modify the terms and conditions of its service, and your continued use and content submissions will serve as your consent to be bound by the new terms and conditions; however, MemPop, at its sole discretion, may attempt to notify users prior to such changes.
3. The Service we Provide to You
- MemPop offers its online community services and content to you “AS IS.” Thus, we are not responsible for any interruptions in our service or errors in our content. MemPop serves as a facilitator of this online community by providing content and a forum through which the user may enrich their personal experiences.
- The service that MemPop provides is in no way to be used by its members for infringement of any intellectual property rights of MemPop itself, its users, and other third-parties. Content provided on MemPop can only be downloaded, copied, reproduced, or in any other way used by you without the expressed written consent of MemPop or the party who possesses ownership rights over the content.
- MemPop hereby grants you permission to use the online community as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that: (i) your use of the online community is as is solely for your personal and noncommercial use; (ii) you will not copy, download or distribute any part of the online community in any form or medium without MemPop’s or the content owner’s prior written authorization; (iii) you will not alter, modify, or make derivative works from any part of the online community other than what may be reasonably necessary to use the online community for its intended purpose; and (iv) you will otherwise comply with all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service.
4. Your Rights as a User in the MemPop Community
- You, the user, so long as you are a member of our online community, have a right to access the content provided by and through the MemPop community.
- You also have a right to post and submit content by and through the MemPop Community; however, such posts and submissions are subject to the MemPop Community User Guidelines. If such material is found to be contrary to the User guidelines, it shall be removed or deleted without prior notice.
- By submitting your own content you also authorize MemPop to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright and any other proprietary rights in your submission; however You shall retain ownership rights in your posts and submissions to the MemPop Community.
- It shall also be understood that through the creation of the posts or content submission, you have expressly given MemPop a license to, without limitation, use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your content in relation to the MemPop Online Community Service, as well as any and all of MemPop’s business matters and functions.
- The above licenses granted in the content and posts submitted by you shall be perpetual and irrevocable.
5. Your Responsibility as a User of the Community
- You shall be solely responsible for your own content submissions and the consequences that may accompany them. Further, it shall be understood that with each one of your submissions that you affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use such content in your submissions.
- In your use of our MemPop community, you must agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions that are contained on our site.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure that all of your posts and content submissions are not contrary to the MemPop Community User Guidelines.
6. Our Rights in Our Site and Content
- Our MemPop website, which includes all texts, pictures, videos, and music content contained on the website, is protected as a copyrighted work as a collective work or compilation under the intellectual property laws of the United States of America and other countries. Thus, MemPop shall have all rights therein, subject to other related agreements created by MemPop.
- All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements that comprise our site, which are not explicitly mentioned are also protected as copyrighted works. Thus, MemPop shall have all rights therein, subject to other related agreements created by MemPop.
- By submitting, posting, or transmitting Content through MemPop’s Services, you grant MemPop a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable license to use, store, reproduce, modify, publish, display, adapt, transmit, create derivative works, and distribute your user Content on MemPop. The rights you authorize in this license is for the sole purpose of developing, operating, providing, and improving MemPop’s products and services. You also agree that this license includes the right for MemPop to make all submitted Content available to third parties who partner with MemPop to display, broadcast, or distribute such Content on other media and services. Note also that we may modify or adapt your Content in order to provide, transmit, display, or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and services.
- Further, MemPop shall have a perpetual, irrevocable license in the posts and content submitted by the user for the advancement of its service, business interests, and any other purposes seen fit at its sole discretion.
- MemPop reserves the right to remove user content at any time, without prior notice or justification at its sole discretion.
7. Our Liability to You
- MemPop reserves the right to cancel, discontinue, suspend, modify, terminate, or alter its online community service at its sole discretion. Should any of the above actions be taken by MemPop, MemPop shall not be held responsible to the user for the consequences that such actions may incur.
- The MemPop Online Community website may contain links to third party websites, which are not owned by, controlled by or affiliated with MemPop. MemPop does not have any control over, and also assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites, thus should you access such links, you do so at your own risk. The presence of these third-party links in the online community shall in no way serve as an endorsement, sponsorship, or other affiliation to the third-party website nd the content contained therein. MemPop, as an online community service provider, shall not be held responsible or liable for the comments, opinions and material on the website that has been posted or created by its users and/or third-parties. Those comments, opinions, and other material shall be the sole responsibility of the party who posted said material.
8. Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright holder and you have reason to believe that your copyright has been infringed upon, please click here.
9. Termination of Membership
- MemPop reserves the right to terminate user membership at any time, with or without cause, not to be limited to the following reasons:
If the user is found to be an intellectual property right infringer
The user has violated the terms of service and conditions agreement
The user has violated the community user guidelines
- MemPop shall view each instance of a case-by-case basis at its sole discretion to determine whether such behavior warrants a warning, suspension, or membership termination.
10. General Warranty Disclaimer
THE USE OF OUR SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT THAT IS PERMITTED BY LAW. MEMPOP, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. MEMPOP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE CONTENT PROVIDED BY ITS USERS, AND MEMPOP ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT. MEMPOP DOES NOT ASSUME AND LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OUR SERVICES. MEMPOP IS ALSO NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE TO OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL OR FIANCNAIL INFROMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMPOP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OR SERVICE TERMINATION OR THE CONSEQUENCES OF SUCH INTERRUPTION OR TERMINATION. MEMPOP SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL ISSUES SUCH AS BUGS, TROJAN HORSES, VIRUSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH OUR SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. MEMPOP DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER FORM OF ADVERTISING. MEMPOP SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY VENDORS FOR THE PURCHASE AND SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES.
11. Limited Liability
- MemPop, its directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, and or agents shall, at no time, be liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, and without limitation to lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, that are in any way related to this site or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in our site (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of these Terms and Conditions). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of our site.
- MemPop is specifically not liable for the actions, content and conduct of any third party, and as such, any damages you incurred as a result of such actions is to be borne by you, the user.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MemPop, its parent corporation, officers, directors, managers, employees, shareholders, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from the following instances: (a) your use of and access to the MemPop Online Community; (b) your violation of any of the terms in these Terms of Service; (c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property, personal property, and privacy right; or (d) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
13. Your Ability to Access our Online Community
The terms and conditions of this agreement and any rights or licenses created hereing, are not subject to assignment or transfer by you, but are subject to assignment or transfer by MemPop at any time and at MemPop’s sole discretion.
15. Choice of Law
You agree that in the case of any dispute between you and MemPop, that concerns these terms and conditions, shall be governed by the laws of State of California. You also agree that MemPop is deemed to be solely based in State of California, and as a passive website, that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over MemPop, anywhere besides State of California.
- I hereby affirm that I am above the age of 13.
- I agree to abide, to the fullest extent, by the above mentioned terms.
The Information We Collect
In the MemPop Community, you information is collected in two manners. The first manner is through the information that you expressly provide to our community. The second manner is through the information related to your personal usage of our online community.
Information You Provide to Us:
- MemPop is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement without your express permission or unless ordered to do so by a court of law.
In order to access our website, you do not need to be a registered member, but in order to have special access and perks you will need to be a registered member. The following information is the information that you may need to provide in order to become a member as well as other provided information to which MemPop will have access:
- Basic Contact Information: name, email address, zipcode/postal code, and phone number;
- User name and Password that you have created;
- Any information you provide when you create your personal profile page;
- Your online searches on our website; and
- Your correspondence with our company
- Please note that any information that you provide through your posts, chats, comments and content submissions is also a part of this section.
Information From Your Personal Usage:
- When you use our MemPop website, the following information, but not limited to, may be collected from your usage:
- Your computer’s IP (internet protocol) address;
- Your geographic location;
- Your browser-type, operating system, and other software-related information;
- Information collected through cookies and other similar types of technology. Please see our technology guide for more information;
- Your activities within the MemPop Community such as posts, logins, and pages visited;
- Third-party Webpages, advertisements, and links you have clicked while visiting MemPop;
- Standard server log information; and
- Any information about your computer’s hardware.
- When you use our MemPop website, the following information, but not limited to, may be collected from your usage:
How MemPop Uses Your User Information
- We do not share personally identifiable information about our members, which includes names, phone numbers, and email addresses with third parties.
- We may use the information that you provide directly and indirectly to send you email communications such as changes to the website, policy changes, updates, and other information that may be of interest to you given your interactions in the MemPop Community. We do not send unsolicited email (Spam).
- Given the recent importance of phone applications and the need to stay updated with information, with your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you notifications for your subscribed parties, information of promotions, and other service-related text messages.
- In order to provide our MemPop Community members with free access to our online content, we display advertisements on the website. Many of these advertisements will be personally targeted to your interests and lifestyle given your demographic information and activity on the website. This customization is accessed through cookies and other similar technologies. Please read the technology guide for more information.
- Since our purpose is to provide our members with an open, but civil forum in which to discuss their interests and opinions, we have decided to track user account activity. This will help us to better understand our members’ needs based on the involvement in each party, as well as whether our user policies need to be modified based on unforeseen user conduct.
- In order to learn more about our members’ usage of our site, we will gather and analyze all member statistics in order to bring our members the best possible community experience.
- We reserve the right to use any information that has been directly or indirectly provided by you in order to prevent illegal activities, to enforce MemPop’s Terms and Conditions Agreement, and our rights and the rights of our members.
Sharing Your Information:
MemPop values your privacy, thus we share information about our members only under certain circumstances. In the following circumstances, MemPop will make your information available to other companies, application, or other people:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
- We may employ third parties to perform MemPop-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the MemPop’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
User Opt-Out Option
At any time during your membership, you have the right to change your security settings, opt-out of certain technologies, and/or deactivate your account membership.
- Security Settings Changes: You have the right to decide who has certain access to your account and your account information. This can be done in your security settings preference section in your member profile.
- Opt-Out Option: You have the right to opt-out of certain technologies that are used on our website, such as cookies, flash cookies, and similar technologies; however, the advertisements that may be associated with certain cookies will still be on the website, but no longer customized for your interests and demographic. Please read our technology guide for information on how to disable your cookies.
- Deactivation of Your Membership Account: You can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preference page of your profile. Although your account will be disabled, all of your posts and content submissions will remain on the website and in the public domain. MemPop is under no obligation to remove your information from the public domain due to your deactivation.
Protecting Your Information
In order to protect your user information as much as possible, MemPop limits access to your personal contact information to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. These persons are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligation and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to our system and your account information.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident in the MemPop Community, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions and Suggestions